Today I have a recipe for you that is perfect for bringing to a family in need- I made this chicken bacon mac and cheese last night and froze the leftovers for my mother in law to have after her upcoming knee surgery. It’s easy to make and my family loves it.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 box shell pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 c. sharp cheddar, shredded
- 6-8 slices deli American cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Boil pasta, drain and set aside
- Dice chicken breasts into bite size pieces and cook with a bit of olive oil in a covered frying pan until cooked through
- cook bacon (I bake mine) cool and crumble.
- Shred cheddar
- Combine pasta, chicken, bacon, cheddar, half and half and soup in large pot. Heat through on low to medium heat
- Layer slices of American cheese on top and cover until cheese melts. Stir to combine.
- Add another splash of half and half if too thick
- Serve with a healthy side and enjoy!