- 1 stick plus 5 Tbs butter, room temp
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 1/4 pounds peaches, cut into 1/2 in chunks
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8×8 pan. Line with parchment paper with edges overhanging and butter that too.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt, beat until dough forms clumps.
3. Press 2/3 of mixture into bottom and sides of pan. Reserve the remainder for topping
4. Stir together peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt. Pour into crust.
5. Crumble remaining dough over top of dessert.
6. Bake until bubbling in center and crust is golden, about 1 hour
7. Cool for 20 mins, lift out of pan and continue cooling on a rack.
8. Cut into two inch squares and devour.
I’m so glad you stopped by! Make sure you follow CAH on facebook so you don’t miss a recipe or project- there is lots of fun stuff coming up!
original recipe from Martha Stewart Living magazine 2015