Pasta, creamy cheese, ham and chicken….here’s a delicious version of chicken cordon bleu-an old classic.This was last night’s dinner. Want to try it out?
- 1 c boneless chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 c ham, cooked and cubed ( I used inexpensive cooked ham from the deli, sliced extra thick)
- 2 c cheddar, grated
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- stick butter
- dried bread crumbs
- sprinkle of shredded parmesan
- 1 1/2 c milk
How to make it:
- Boil pasta, drain and return to pan
- Add cooked chicken and ham
- In saucepan, stir together milk, cream cheese and onion. Stir frequently until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add sauce and grated cheese to pasta and meat, stir thoroughly
- Transfer to 13×9 baking dish
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs
- Melt butter and pour over top of bread crumbs. Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cook under broiler (high) for approximately five minutes, checking after three
- Let stand for five minutes before serving
This version of chicken cordon bleu is comfort food at its’ finest. I doubt there will be leftovers.
Look at that creamy, cheesy goodness. Yum. Enjoy!