Here’s a great recipe for you if you’re looking for a way to use all those sweet summer strawberries in your baking. My family literally circle around the pan waiting for them to cool enough to cut. I found the original recipe on smells like home.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- four cups strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Stir together 1 c sugar, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Add butter and either cut in with pastry blender or mix in with hands, pressing mixture together lightly and then breaking apart into crumbles.
- press half of the crumbles into the bottom of a greased 13×9 pan
- in a separate bowl, mix berries and remaining ingredients
- pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- cover berries with remaining crumbles
- bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes
Mmmm…..summer time in a pan.
I hope you’re enjoying some nice weather. We’re busy as bees wrapping up the to-do list to get our house on the market this summer. I’m wanting to show off some of our work in the next few days, so be sure to stop back!